This pose is both playful and restorative. If it makes you giggle, all the better. Consider it a chance to connect with your inner child.
Happy baby pose has the following benefits:
- relieves the lower back
1. Lie down with your back on your yoga mat.
2. Bring your legs up towards the ceiling and bend them generously.
3. Reach your hands to grab onto the outside edges of the feet or the ankles.
4. Press your lower back into the mat for a neutral spine.
5. Pull your legs towards your body with your arms, while gently pressing away through the legs.
MODIFICATIONS FOR BEGINNERS
- If your back feels rounded, shorten the reach of your arms to your ankles or shins. The integrity of the spine is more important than touching your feet.
- Rock gently from side to side while holding this pose to massage the back and kidneys.
- Try extending one leg out at a time while maintaining contact with your hand to stretch the backs of the legs.